We might sum up Dr. Munhall’s discourse as follows: —
1. The law of the Sabbath was given at creation, and simply reaffirmed at Sinai.
2. The seventh day of the week, and no other, is the Sabbath.
3. The Sabbath is a memorial of creation, and was given that men might remember God.
4. Those people and nations that disregard the Sabbath will have to suffer disastrous consequences.
5. No man has any business to forget the Sabbath, or to allow business or pleasure to interfere with his observance of it. God requires us to obey him whether it is convenient or not.
6. The first day of the week is not the Sabbath, and there is no use in saying that it is. God rested upon and sanctified only the seventh day, and no transfer has ever been made. There is no “Thus saith the Lord” for the observance of Sunday. God never required it.
Dr. Munhall’s only “reason” for keeping Sunday. It is this: —
“I believe that the apostles kept Sunday, though I don’t know of any reason why they did so. The seventh day of the week is the Sabbath, but it isn’t convenient to keep it.”
CLICK HERE to go to the article.